Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Crank Forward Archive   

Board index » CRANK FORWARD » OWNERS PHOTO GALLERY

Post subject: Citi with Nuvinci 360 CVT hub
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:18 pm 

A couple of shots of my toy, before it got dirty.

Attachments:
RANS-Citi_wearing_Nuvinci_shifter_40percent.jpg
RANS-Citi_wearing_Nuvinci_shifter_40percent.jpg [ 239.38 KiB | Viewed 5408 times ]
RANS-Citi_showing_Nuvinci_and_tensioner_40percent.jpg
RANS-Citi_showing_Nuvinci_and_tensioner_40percent.jpg [ 249.76 KiB | Viewed 5408 times ]
RANS-Citi_profile_2_annotated_sm_50percent.jpg
RANS-Citi_profile_2_annotated_sm_50percent.jpg [ 254.4 KiB | Viewed 5408 times ]

Scream and shout!

Post subject: Re: Citi with Nuvinci 360 CVT hub
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 am 

UPDATE:
The plastic mount for the Kryptonite lock snapped, not long after the photos were taken. The lock is fine, but now I keep it lashed to the top of my pannier rack. I preferred it out front - it's a heavy beast, and I wanted as much weight forward as possible, but it was not to be. At least the lock didn't go through my wheel when the mount broke. Small mercies... :roll:

Now my GoPro HD Hero camera rides there, when it's not on my helmet.

I replaced the stock tires with Schwalbe Marathon Pluses last summer, and then with Schwalbe studded ice'n'snow tires for the winter. Rode through my first winter of cycle commuting in Ottawa, Canada. Wasn't a totally fair test, since we had a milder winter than usual. Also, my commute is only about 5 miles. Still, it worked out great. The only parts that suffered were the chain and some exposed steel bits that rusted. The sealed Nuvinci transmission just laughed at winter, and the mostly aluminum Citi was generally unscathed. I coped by glopping on a lot of lube on everything that moved and everything that looked like it didn't like road-salt.

OH! Almost forgot. I also replaced the single chain ring with a Q-ring, about 5 months after purchasing the bike. My knees have been thanking me ever since.

My only complaint these days is the seat. I spend entirely too much time pausing pedaling, to hoist my butt back on the seat. A couple of strokes and I start to slide forward again. The rake angle is set as nose-high as it goes, and the problem persists. I guess I need to glue some foam across the front third of the seat pan, to create a no-slip lip. Don't know why the maker wouldn't do that, or provide a seat-tilt adjustment with a little more range. Even the tie-on seat cover might benefit from a sewn-in foam strip, just back of the seat-front edge. Other than that, no complaints. I like my Citi, and I love that Nuvinci hub.

The Citi has gotten a lot of admiring glances and comments. Thinking about getting another for the wife. Are there any other colors yet? Or just the red?

Cheers,

- k

Scream and shout!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:13 pm 

kevinmcl wrote:
UPDATE:Thinking about getting another for the wife. Are there any other colors yet? Or just the red?k

You can order your next Citi in whatever RANS color you want for a reasonable upcharge. That's how I got my Zenetik in "orange crush" which I will be posting photos of soon.

'08 Rocket
'11 Zenetik & Fusion

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:50 am 

I have a few extra nonslip seat covers, handmade, if your interested I can ship you one, just post or send me your address.

Board index » CRANK FORWARD » OWNERS PHOTO GALLERY